Mastery of concepts can be demonstrated through clear, targeted, audience-focused communication. Yet, adapting to this straightforward style of communicating poses its challenges. Learn how to transform complex ideas into Plain Language without compromising your communication.
This multiple session course will hone your diverse business writing skills. It ensures that you write clear, concise, efficiently structured communications that readers understand. With a series of short, 20 minute, business context based assignments, our practice over time approach guarantees lasting outcomes.
What Will You Learn?
You’ll learn how to:
Compose clear, concise, easy to follow copy
Use quality grammar, spelling, sentence structure and tone
Structure effective, professional content
Differentiate between appropriate and inappropriate content and tone
Become a competent communicator and problem solver
Eliminate clichés, jargon, colloquialisms, and offensive constructions
Ensure that communications are appropriate for diverse audiences
Apply what you learn to your daily communication
The course is designed to accommodate both native and non-native English speakers who want to tighten their writing style, particularly for complex documents. The one-to-one feedback is tailored to your needs.
There are two types of short learning activities that provide practice over time, one-to-one feedback, and that reinforce learning.
- The Writer’s Workshop • Short assignments that deal with writing problems encountered in diverse communications, e.g. proposals, reports, emails, letters
- The Grammar Checkup • Multiple-choice assignments that focus on grammar, style, punctuation issues
You’ll also get the following.
- One-to-one personalized feedback from a live person for each assignment
- Extra assistance if you need it
- Weekly reminders
- A certificate and a detailed assessment on completion
You’ll be able to:
- Demonstrate competency by transforming complex ideas into plain language
- Effectively teach others how to communicate with clarity, simplicity, and prudence
- Be a strong communicator and problem solver
- Present important information so it is targeted and it flows logically
- Compose communications that are audience and culturally appropriate
- Write more powerful, persuasive, and precise diverse business communications
- Tailor your writing so it is devoid of jargon, legalese, and wordiness
- Apply what you learned to do your day-to-day communication
- Impress your reader and your boss
Here’s How to get Started
Sign Up Now for our Plain Language for Professionals course and learn how to better frame your thoughts and design communication that is easy to understand for only $495.00!
“It’s been a pleasure to deal with you [Sandra] and the Language Lab. The formula is adapted to our environment and individual schedules. I had a very nice learning opportunity. My wish is that you go on providing the same thing to numerous learners.”
— Gilbert —
“As a lawyer, for more than twenty years, I struggled to find a systematic way to write in English with clarity. Being a consultant for five years, I got the opportunity to attend on-line course at The Language Lab. In less than three months, Sandra taught me to spot and cure weaknesses in my writing style. Anyone who wants to improve English writing skills will find Language Lab enjoyable and useful.”
— Tatiana —