Minute Writing That Works is an entirely online course. It takes approximately 10 weeks, assuming a minimum of one exercise per week. Each exercise takes 20-30 minutes, depending on skill levels. By completing exercises this way (and using them at work before moving to the next one), the participant gets the benefit of Practice Over Time. There are no manuals, CDs or DVDs to purchase in order to complete this course. The course is self directed and on demand. Participants can begin at any time. Minute Writing That Works is designed to improve these skills:
- Compose minutes that are clear, concise and accurate
- Use quality grammar, sentence structure, spelling, and punctuation
- Customize writing for diverse audiences
- Structure effective professional content
- Know how to sequence the content of your minutes for readability
- Know whom you are writing for: your audience
- Get at the core issues and understand the purpose of your document
- Separate paragraphs and sentences appropriately
- Say it right with as few words as possible
- Be consistent with format and layout
There are two types of learning activities in Minute Writing That Works:
The Writer’s Workshop (text-based writing exercises)
Download the lesson, complete it, and upload it to The Language Lab for assessment and correction. Where one to one feedback is appropriate, a Language Lab editor will e-mail comments to the participant.
- Five assignments that deal with meeting minute writing problems
- Focus is on principles of minute writing, dealing with sensitive issues, accuracy of recording and synthesizing content
Two types of assignments:
- Correct a faulty meeting minutes
- Compose meeting minutes in response to a given scenario
The Grammar Checkup (multiple choice exercises)
Exercises take place online, and feedback is provided automatically after every answer.
- Five multiple-choice assignments
- Focus is on correct grammar, sentence structure and word usage
- Topics include writing concisely, precise language, wordiness and redundancy, subject/verb agreement, punctuation, verb tenses, etc.
$495 for a 10 assignment course is the total cost for Minute Writing That Works. There are no other charges or expenses to take this course. The course itself can be taken any time, and is available 24/7. The Language Lab requires full payment in advance. Click the Buy Now button to begin.