Reports That Work is a high impact program that is an entirely online course. It takes approximately 10 weeks, assuming a minimum of one exercise per week. Each exercise takes 20-30 minutes, depending on skill levels. By completing exercises this way (and using them at work before moving to the next one), the participant gets the benefit of Practice Over Time. There are no manuals, CDs or DVDs to purchase in order to complete this course. The course is self-directed and on demand. Participants can begin at any time. Reports That Work is designed to improve these skills:
- Compose clear and concise reports so readers are able to quickly gather information
- Know how to structure the content of your report to enhance readability
- Ensure content is relevant
- Include key structural elements, e.g. purpose, data, conclusions, recommendations, and layout
- Use correct grammar, spelling, and sentence structure
- Ensure that you write for your recipient
The Writer’s Workshop (text-based writing exercises)
Download the lesson, complete it, and upload it to The Language Lab for assessment and correction. Where one to one feedback is appropriate, a Language Lab editor will e-mail comments to the participant.
- Five assignments that deal with report writing problems
- Focus is on principles of report writing, appropriate use of headings and bullets, dealing with sensitive content, grammar, sentence structure, and style
- One-to-one feedback provided for each assignment
Two types of assignments involve:
- Correcting a faulty email message
- Composing a report in response to a given scenario
The Grammar Checkup (multiple choice exercises)
Exercises take place online, and feedback is provided automatically after every answer.
- Five multiple-choice assignments that deal with language rules
- A focus on correct grammar, sentence structure and word usage
- Topics include writing concisely, precise language, wordiness and redundancy, subject/verb agreement, punctuation, verb tenses, etc.
$525 for a 10 assignment course is the total cost for Reports That Work. There are no other charges or expenses to take this course. The course itself can be taken any time, and is available 24/7. The Language Lab requires full payment in advance. Click the Buy Now button to begin.