When English is not your native language, you may encounter additional barriers to workplace success. Fluency in oral and written English is key to moving up the corporate ladder and achieving your business goals.
This multiple session course will hone your diverse business writing skills. It ensures that you are able to express yourself efficiently and confidently in English, the language of business. With a series of short, 20 minute, business context based assignments, our practice over time approach guarantees lasting outcomes.
What Will You Learn?
Youâ€™ll learn how to:Â
Improve your confidence
Sharpen your communication skills so language is no longer a barrier
Improve your understanding of cultural differences
Compose clear, concise, and well structured communication
Ensure that communications are audience appropriate
Use quality grammar, spelling, sentence structure, and style
Differentiate between appropriate and inappropriate contentÂ and tone
Apply what you learn to your daily communication
The course is designed to accommodate non-native English speakers who wish to elevate their English communication and maximize business opportunities. The one-to-one feedback is tailored to your needs.
There are two types of short learning activities that provide practice over time, one-to-one feedback, and that reinforce learning.
- The Writer’s Workshop â€˘ Short assignments that deal with varied writing problems encountered in diverse written communication contexts, e.g. reports, emails, proposals
- The Grammar Checkup â€˘ Multiple-choice assignments that focus on grammar, style, punctuation issues
Youâ€™ll also get the following.
- One-to-one personalized feedback from a live person for each assignment
- Extra assistance if you need it
- Weekly reminders
- A certificate and a detailed assessment on completion
Youâ€™ll be able to:
- Compose communications that reflect your mastery of spoken and written English communication
- Write more clear, concise, and well structured diverse business communications
- Apply what you learned to do your day-to-day communication
- Understand your audience and intended cultural subtleties
- Impress your reader and your boss
Hereâ€™s How to get Started
Sign Up Now for our career enhancing Business English for ESL Professionals course and your written and oral English skills will soar to new heights for only $495.00!
“Thank you the Language Lab! I found the course truly helpful to my daily business writing, and I would highly recommend it to all my other colleagues. “
â€”Â DavidÂ â€”
“Yes, I have improved my writing and speaking skills after taking the online course. I remembered to check my sentence and I use simple sentence in my business writing whenever possible. I even speak English at home more often than before.”
â€”Â SophieÂ â€”