Business Email is an entirely online course. It takes approximately 10 weeks, assuming a minimum of one exercise per week. Each exercise takes 20-30 minutes, depending on skill levels. By completing exercises this way (and using them at work before moving to the next one), the participant gets the benefit of Practice Over Time. There are no manuals, CDs or DVDs to purchase in order to complete this course. The course is self directed and on demand. Participants can begin at any time. Business Email is designed to improve these skills:
- Review correct business email format
- Write effective subject lines
- Compose email messages that are clear and concise
- Use the Reply to All, Forward, To, BCC and CC features correctly
- Use correct grammar, spelling, and sentence structure
- Ensure that you write for your recipient
- Differentiate between appropriate and inappropriate content
- Know how to structure the message to enhance readability
- Know when to send an email or when it is better to meet face-to-face
There are two types of learning activities in Business Email:
The Writer’s Workshop (text-based writing exercises).
Download the lesson, complete it, and upload it to The Language Lab for assessment and correction. Where one to one feedback is appropriate, a Language Lab editor will e-mail comments to the participant.
- Five assignments deal with email writing problems
- A focus on email etiquette, principles of effective writing, appropriate use of email functions, dealing with sensitive content, grammar, sentence structure, and style
Two types of assignments involve:
- Correcting a faulty email message and composing an email message in response to a given scenario
- One-to-one feedback provided for each assignment
The Grammar Checkup (multiple choice exercises).
Exercises take place online, and feedback is provided automatically after every answer.
- Five multiple-choice assignments
- A focus on correct grammar, sentence structure and word usage
- Topics include writing concisely, precise language, wordiness and redundancy, subject/verb agreement, punctuation, verb tenses, etc.
$425 for a 10 assignment course is the total cost for the for Business Email Writing. There are no other charges or expenses to take this course. The course itself can be taken any time, and is available 24/7. The Language Lab requires full payment via Paypal. To begin, click the Buy Now button.