What Our Clients Are Saying…
- I would like to take this opportunity to thank you very much for your help in making me a more confident presenter. Although, I know I am not already there (e.g. my voice was still a little shaky at today’s presentation, as I think I forgot to breath more slowly and take some small breaks for deep breathing), I believe I made significant improvement on my presentation skills while working with you. You are a great coach for people like me and It was a pleasure working with you. Thanks again,Cristina
- Sandra is a great writing coach. She has helped to make my writing more powerful, effective, and focused on my audience. Her weekly feedback was always presented in a positive way which helped motivate me to improve. I would definitely recommend her to other business professionals looking to enhance their written communication skills.Heather
- I thoroughly enjoy working with Sandra and I always look forward to our sessions. I have improved my ability and understanding of how to put myself in the shoes of my recipients and to capture their attention. I have learned how to structure communication for readability and to express my thoughts clearly and concisely. Sandra would stop at nothing to help me achieve my goals. And I appreciate her creativity, thoughtfulness and honest feedback and her extraordinary ability to understand content in a field unfamiliar to her. I highly recommend Sandra and the Language Lab for improving communication skills.A. R.
- The Language Lab has provided me with the necessary skills that have helped me improve my writing. I am now much more confident when writing business correspondence, and I owe it all to my great instructor. Her method of training was both creative, and challenging. I would not hesitate in recommending the Language Lab to anyone hoping to make self improvement.Annette
- As a native French speaker moving to Toronto for my job, I had trouble expressing myself clearly in my emails and in my other written documents. My private lessons with Dr. Sandra Folk not only helped me improve my grammar and syntax, it helped me to structure my thoughts and target my writing to reach my audience. In only a few months, I was able to transition from being barely able to write a correct sentence to being able to write persuasively.Philippe – Innovation Manager
- While not a terrible writer, it was identified that my writing skills were holding me back from career advancement. Simple email communications and reports included basic errors and lacked clarity. Through one-on-one coaching sessions, Sandra was able to quickly identify exactly what was required to advance my skills. I now have I have a set of strategies for writing and clear goals when reviewing my work, which have helped tremendously. I was also very impressed as the program was very practical and centered on my writing specifically. We spent many hours writing, reviewing and re-working documents that I had produced. She also did a great job of balancing the work by providing assignments through the Language Lab Website. Again these assignments were focused and provided me with specific lessons. I was especially grateful that Sandra came directly to my office and was able to work around my busy schedule. She even had no problem re-scheduling meetings on short notice. I was very happy with the results and would recommend her to anyone who wants to improve their writing.Michael
The Language Lab Difference
Half-day seminars, one day workshops, and CD-ROMs have near zero staying power. The scientific literature continually reaffirms that Practice Over Time is by far the most efficient, effective, and lasting way to learn. At The Language Lab, we offer courses over 10 weeks.
Our online business (and ESL) writing courses permit participants to build on and reinforce what they have learned. Plus, The Language Lab’s staff of real professionals actually assesses written assignments and returns them to participants, themselves.This personal coaching makes all the difference in the world. It’s the reason The Language Lab’s customers claim 80% improvements – in time saved, in cycles shortened, in successful communications.
“Our online business (and ESL) writing courses permit participants to build on and reinforce what they have learned.”
If you’ve already tried other methods, you will appreciate the online business writing, communication, presentation and e-mail courses that The Language Lab has been perfecting since 2004. Our business is to make you effective and beyond criticism. Don’t let sloppy language keep you from making the deal, getting the promotion, or even being invited! Knowing how to address people, how to call a meeting, how to compose a proposal, how to structure a presentation or detail a PowerPoint are all covered in our online courses.
From the Blog
Recent Language Lab Posts | View All Posts
I love visiting New York. And I especially love trying new boutique hotels in different areas of the city. I get to discover more about this amazing city while adding to the excitement of my stay. The hotel I recently chose looked great online, (at an equally great price). The phone conversation I had with…Details
Nothing irks me more than when I send someone an email (or two, or ten) and I don’t hear back. I had this experience recently when I contacted an employee at the City of Toronto about a problem on my street. The response? Silence. Not even an “out of office” message, which would have at…Details
Tom Price, now the former U.S. secretary of Health and Human Service, spent nearly $52,000 of taxpayers’ money flying on private charter planes. And he got caught! His boss, President Donald Trump, said that he didn’t like “the optics” of Price’s actions, “cosmetically or otherwise.” As a result, Price resigned. I’m guessing that Trump thought that…Details